Cultural Encounters

1. What was one thing you learned from the simulations we played in class? How did this help you understand the essential questions better?

The simulations that we played showed me that we have to have the best of the best and have to make the wisest decisions too survive just like the colonist back then had too do. We have too have a balance of each thing around us. Trading was also a difficulty too because of others needs of food and shelter. I also learned that we could also join another colony instead of trading all the time. But this could be a problem too because of how much water we would need, shelter, land and food too survive. We would also have too decided whether too accept tempting offers or not. Especially how different the other colony's thought of ideas.

2. Reading was a part of Cultural Encounters. When you read the books you were asked to think about your reading. What did you learn about your reading while doing this?

I learned that everyone in the colony was a big help. The colony's source of food was going well thanks too the farmers and the clothing was being bought thanks too the fur-traders so everybody is important.

3. Did the journal entries help you to better understand your character? Why or why not? Explain in detail.

Yes it did. It helped me organize stuff about my character. I needed to write stuff about how my character will feel about her decision. It also helped by putting the journal entries together with small sentences. The questions at the top also helped me ask myself those questions too make my story even better.

4. What was the best part of your presentation? How could it have been improved?

The best part in my presentation was how people came to Stephen the Blacksmith telling them what they make and why they need his materials it could have been improved if everyone in the play (Including me.) could make something to represent what we were. Like for example if I could use a piece of foil and a cardboard box so that it would be a silver container because I am a Silversmith.

5. What was the biggest learning you gained from this unit? Explain with details.

I learned that we would need everyone too make a colony. Everyone is important in a colony. Nobody is the same so we should respect is somebody does not act like you or speak like you.




No comments:

Post a Comment